The folks over at iStrategy Labs took 100 statistics about social media from a recent Huffington Post article and created a pretty nifty infographic. The results may or may not surprise you, but they are telling about some of the top trends in 2012. They might also give business owners a better understanding of what their audience is doing (they are doing a lot) and how best to reach them.
The infographic shares stats on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest. So, if you frequent those channels or think that your prospects do, you’ll want to take a closer look.
Here are a few of the numbers that jumped out at me:
- 80% of users prefer to connect with brands on Facebook.
- 34% of marketers have generated leads on Twitter.
- The “+1″ button is used 5 million times a day.
- Over 6 months, Instagram visitors increased by 724%.
- Pins with prices get 30% more pins than those without.
So, now that you’ve gotten up close and personal with a few of these stats, what are you going to do with them?